Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 1 month ago #10176

• ajsmith
Thanks Stewart,

Another recent one on the A Closer Look compilation, which includes a review from the Milwaukee Journal, dated November 26, 1975. The album should have put the band into the American charts.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Closer_Look_%28S...ckney_Rebel_album%29
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 1 month ago #10177

• stewart g
Thanks for the Closer Look article AJ.I remember buying the album
On it's release as an import from my local record shop and still think the front cover is great! :)

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 1 week ago #10284

• ajsmith
I think the cover is great too Stewart - a nice package to represent the band up to that point in time.

The latest article is 1980's "The Best of Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel": en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_of_Steve_...ey_and_Cockney_Rebel

Anybody on the forum get this compilation when it originally came out? My father had this record, and that led to my discovery of Steve and the band. I must have been about 7 or 8 years old!

Re:Wikipedia 8 years 11 months ago #10369

• ajsmith
A recent article done on the Cavaliers Anthology (1973-1974):

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavaliers:_An_Anthology_1973-1974

Re:Wikipedia 8 years 10 months ago #10409

• ajsmith
A new article on the 1995 live compilation Live at the BBC: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_BBC_%2...ckney_Rebel_album%29

There are three different performances on this compilation. The two separate 1974 performances can now be found on the Cavaliers Anthology, but the five 1992 tracks for Nicky Campbell are still only found on this release.

And another new article for the 1999 compilation The Cream of Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cream_of_Steve...ey_%26_Cockney_Rebel

This seems to be a popular release. For some reason, (a possible re-issue?), the album reached #21 on the UK Budget Albums Chart in 2006. Later re-released with new artwork as "The Best of Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel" in 2008.

Re:Wikipedia 8 years 9 months ago #10433

• ajsmith
The Face to Face: A Live Recording article has now been expanded. Beforehand it had no background info at all - just a track-listing, and personnel section.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_to_Face:_A_Live_Recording