Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ELECTRIC WARRIOR

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4833

• Maelitta
crazy horse wrote:
MAELITTA ,wow i never thought of that ,it must be a real pain ,and it is quite a heavy book to read even if your english ,do a lot of books get translated ? ,if you like i can check the name of the publishers and we could see if they know , ,and i know the author MARK PAYTRESS can be contacted through RECORD COLLECTOR MAGAZINE(you could drop him an email and ask) ,as he does a lot of work for them,i know it is a very well selling book ,so i would imagine it could possibly translated

Crazy Horse, I am 100% sure that the one I red is the only bio which has been translated into french ... I follow with attention this kind of thing.
I actually got it as a present for the last Valentine Day !
Marc Bolan is not as known here as he is in England. So I am sure neither the author nor the editor would have interest in publishing here this big book you are talking about. It's a shame but it's like that ...

Just like Steve Harley's records ... You would not find the shadow of one of his records in a music shop in France :dry:
The topic has been locked.

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4842

• crazy horse
shame

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4943

• Pete B
  • Hope n Psyche...Open Brainy...
The first LP I ever bought in my early teens.

ONE AND TWO AND BUCKLE MY SHOE AWWWWWW...
It was summer or maybe spring !

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4952

• crazy horse
PETE B ,thanks for your input ,in case you didnt know this year is the 40th anniversary of ELECTRIC WARRIOR and im struggling to keep this thread going in way of a small tribute ,i dont know if everyones getting a little bored with it yet ,but im a persistent git ,did you ever get to see the great man live?

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4953

• Pete B
  • Hope n Psyche...Open Brainy...
Anytime crazy horse,

I thought Electric Warrior was older than that ! Unfortunatly I never got to see him live :( How about you ?
However me and a bunch of other fans went to see Born to Boogie when it was first released and one of them was at the Wembley concert the live footage was shot at, I remember him saying that the screams from the fans was so unbearable he had to move to the back !

This is a great thread and tribute to a man I adored, Steve Harley is lucky man to have had him as a friend, when will he come up for air !

Ride on...Fight on...
It was summer or maybe spring !

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4962

• crazy horse
PETE B ,no unfortunatly i never got to see MARC live, life (and death) are so unfair.coming from a large (and i mean large)family money was far to tight to allow a rock concert,,iv got an aunt and an uncle who both saw him though and every time i see them i constantly annoy them by making them retell every detail,its really a sad thing when your heroes die young not just because there no longer here, but because of all the possibilities we missed out on like new music ETC ETC ,and obviously the fact that i would have got to see him live eventually you never really know what youv got till its gone (who sung that ?) :(