Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ELECTRIC WARRIOR

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4702

• Mr Raffles
Nice postings Ana.I loved the whole Harley image during the 1970's.I'm sure that today Steve has accepted he's no longer a young man but despite that still manages to strike an impressive pose! I also loved T.Rex back then and saw them live several times.Along with Bowie they were all brilliant musicians and lyricists and certainly stood out from the crowd.The videos just don't look or sound dated despite being 35-40 years old.
The topic has been locked.

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4703

• crazy horse
bolan was where it all started for me ,i even remember the moment ,it was on a school football field where the kids used to scramble over the wall to play football ,on a scorching summers day, ,and in an unobtrusive moment i happened to be walking by some other kids laying on the grass with a tinny transister blaring by them ,that was when i heard the words "WELL SHES MY WOMAN OF GOLD ,AND SHES NOT VERY OLD" and i realise this may sound a bit cliche and romantic but that was the very moment everything changed for me,football was no longer important ,from then on it was girls and T.REX ,in the time it took MARC to sing that one line ,i had found the blueprint for my life B)

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4704

• cockneyr3bel
Me too,in fact when I met husband to be we both had a copy electric warrior,and Hot Love was 'our tune'.both our regrets are we never actually saw him live.Am looking forward to getting the new box set.
We go to see Trexstasy regularly,while not the real thing,is the next best thing,I dont usually do tributes,but he is brilliant,and is passionate about Marc.Cant wait to see them and Steve on the same stage at the memorial concert.
I often wonder what music today would have been like if he had lived.
I'm sure lots of the so called 'stars' of today wont be remembered in 40 years time.

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4717

• crazy horse
has anyone else got any good t.rex related menories they would like to share ,id luv to hear them ,most of all id like to hear any tales of seeing bolan live ,regretably i never got the chance

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4749

• crazy horse
surley someone on here saw the great man doing his thing !!!

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #4750

• Maelitta
Neither did I ...

Marc Bolan has been a door opener for me.

I was 14, I used to listen to french variety songs. Not the nice ones like Charles Trenet or Jacques Brel, no, I used to like the silly ones ...
One day as I was doing my homeworks listening to the radio at the same time, I heard Metal Guru.
And from this day, all my musical tastes changed : I began to listen to Sparks, Slade, The Kinks, The Beatles, Elvis, The Beach Boys, ... After it was Roxy, Bowie, ...
Marc Bolan has opened my ears and my mind to pop-rock music.