Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What else are you listening to at the moment?

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 9 years 2 months ago #10083

• joanna
Hozier ... saw them at Glastonbury last year.
Paloma Faith also.

Also wondering what sort musical mystery could from a Harley Keeting mix? Seed sown.
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 9 years 2 months ago #10085

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
for classic soul/funk/jazz have a listen to D'ANGELO AND THE VANGUARD's
new album,'BLACK MESSIAH' his first album in many years...but it really is his best, wonderful for a chill out weekend turn it up and wallow in some magnificent soul music.
B) B) B) B) B)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 9 years 1 month ago #10141

• RichW
The only other genius who I'd put up there with Steve.
Two wonderful acoustic versions of great songs from Neil Finn of Crowded House. Enjoy!

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 9 years 1 month ago #10147

• fatfish59
Listening to a new artist to me; Jonathan Jeremiah.

Sort of Cat Stevens / Burt Bacharach / Nick Drake / The Divine Comedy cross.

And if there is a song Steve is looking to cover on a future album, try That Same Old Line. Sounds like it belongs somewhere between TQOM & SCTT albums.

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 9 years 1 month ago #10148

• Becky

I don't know how to post a clip from YouTube onto the Forum, will have a go, but doubt it will work, so if someone would do it for me, I've been listening to this: Keith Richards and Ron Wood - You Got The Silver 2007 (fritz51136)

'Cool huh!'

What else are you listening to at the moment? 8 years 5 months ago #10736

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I've just received the latest offering from Australian Guitar Legend Joe Matera, "Louder Than Words". Look forward to putting it in the car and listening to it alone soon. I've bought all his CD's. It's so nice to receive a parcel from him personally from Australia with a little signed photo, a sticker and a Joe Matera plectrum He's a very accomplished guitar player but I like the way he's moving over to include more vocals. I don't think he rates his voice highly (though I'm not sure where I read that?). I don't know how many other people only get to listen to their music in the car? I rarely play much indoors these days and have never listened with anything placed on/shoved in my ears.......it's so anti-social and one of my bug-bears!
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.