Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Birmingham Gig show some Respect

The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 1 month ago #4077

• Keith
I like the rest of you am really looking forward to the Birmingham gig. I've always enjoyed Steve Harley's shows and I'm sure that this performance will be one of the best that I've ever seen. But there's one thing I really want more then anything else is the show not to be spoilt by some drunk fifty year old who still thinks it's 1975 and shouting out at the top of his voice Steve-O every thirty secounds or worse singing along badly with every song. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy audience participation but it's not required every number. So please, it's Steve's big night,let's not spoil it by getting drunk and show Steve the respect he deserves. PS don't even go there with the cameras.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 1 month ago #4078

• graham E
Don't worry Keith.
To avoid such occurrences, Steve is playing a special show specifically for the aforementioned drunk 50 yr old crowd who still just want it to be 1975.
It's called "We Love the 70s" and its at Butlins, Bognor Regis later this month.... :-)

Re:The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 1 month ago #4080

• mike o
:blush: :blush: :blush: Sorry Keith, it must have been me you stood near, :ohmy: At least i had my best flares on ;)

Re:The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 1 month ago #4081

• Big Dave
What a kill joy you sound I hope I am not sitting next to you because I'm going to have s skinfull and sing my head off :woohoo:

Re:The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 1 month ago #4083

• jackpot1
er....Big Dave, Keith sort of does have a point, though...Keith speaks for quite a few I imagine.
Get in there ready for a proper serious performance - BUT it won't be the Robin2!! Steve willl probably be praying for some quiet, attentive respect. Cheers n applause yes, but that drunken "Steeve-O" stuff just won't fit on the night. Will it?
As for the filming an pictiues -make sure you don't take a blueberry with its bright square light!! It's a good point Keith has made thinking about it. Let's hope no selfish twit causes a face-off. SH's head is gonna be spinning from the first drop of the baton to the ned of Tumbling Down.

Re:The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 1 month ago #4085

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Oh god Keith you read my mind. Singing along at a decent volume is one thing, (I know I may do it. My Only Vice anyone?) but unrelated, obnoxious interruptions are quite another. Some bumbling stumbling idiot drunks were wandering around at Harrogate and I was so annoyed.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel