Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 12 years 10 months ago #2391

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Cheri, John's not really a fan at all but appreciates Steve Harley's earlier works up to about Timeless Flight. He rarely accompanies me to any of the concerts these days. He finds the sight of his wife fawning over her middle-aged teenage heart throb rather embarassing :laugh:
And my sister forgave me and found a toy boy.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 11 years 11 months ago #5207

• Panorama
Been listening to the album again recently after many years.... Always wondered who the blonde lass on the cover was? It doesn't mention the model's name in the album credits...anybody able to answer this question?

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 11 years 11 months ago #5208

• RachelPAtoSH
Greetings from soggy Suffolk. Here in our office with Rachel, and became intrigued by this thread.
The pretty young woman on the cover of The Best Years Of Our Lives album is Birgit, a Swedish model (at the time). Birgit was/is married to George Underwood, who then was/still is a friend of Mick Rock's (he took the shoot). George designed the graphics for several of my/our albums that Mick worked on. George has another claim to fame, though: he is the fellow who scrapped with his schoolmate David Bowie in the school playground when they were young lads, causing the damage to David's eye, which resulted in that change of colour. Look carefully, you'll see Bowie's eyes are different shades to each other. Still see George occasionally.
This drought has caused awful floods in the lanes around here.
Steve

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 11 years 11 months ago #5209

• Maelitta
RachelPAtoSH wrote:
The pretty young woman on the cover of The Best Years Of Our Lives album is Birgit, a Swedish model (at the time). Birgit was/is married to George Underwood, who then was/still is a friend of Mick Rock's (he took the shoot). George designed the graphics for several of my/our albums that Mick worked on.

Great informations ! I like these kind of details :woohoo:

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 11 years 11 months ago #5210

• jollyroger
Good information - I, too, had wondered if she was significant, as well as extremely beautiful. Good to hear it straight from Steve.

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 11 years 11 months ago #5213

• cockneyrebel1
B) Glad to now that I a not the only one who rejoices in these ridiculous details! Love this kind of "Harley Gossip!!"