Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Joe Elliott Radio 2 Tracks of My Years

Joe Elliott Radio 2 Tracks of My Years 8 years 2 months ago #11450

• stewart g
Ken Bruce show Friday 22 January,11.30 the final two picks of Def Leppards Joe Elliott,one of which is a track by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel.....
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Joe Elliott Radio 2 Tracks of My Years 8 years 2 months ago #11451

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
stewart g wrote:
Ken Bruce show Friday 22 January,11.30 the final two picks of Def Leppards Joe Elliott,one of which is a track by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel.....

I hope it's Judy Teen. See guestbook ;)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Joe Elliott Radio 2 Tracks of My Years 8 years 2 months ago #11457

• psychomenagerie
So far this week Mr. Elliott has chosen tracks by, T.Rex, I.Hunter, Queen, Bowie, Slade, Mott The Hoople, Sparks, & Thin Lizzy, he's finishing his week off with tracks by The Clash, & Steve, thats got to be far & away the best tracks of my years I've ever seen/heard, he certainly has got great taste in music, & I'm hoping he tops the week off with Sebastian.

Joe Elliott Radio 2 Tracks of My Years 8 years 2 months ago #11462

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
He chose Judy Teen. Yay!! :)

Joe said "I'm a huge fan (and I hope you're not listening, Steve Harley) but I'm a huge fan of people that can't sing what you might call standard singing and what I mean by that is people like Gary Holton from the Heavy Metal Kids and Ian Hunter from Mott The Hoople" He went on to say they're of the Bob Dylan school of s1nging rather than the Otis Redding School and that the style of singing was way more important than hitting every note like an Olympian. He went on to mention Steve's earlier hits, including the 7 minute hit,"Sebastian". He likened some of Steve's earlier music to be in what he described as end of the pier, seaside, scary clown music which for me describes it perfectly.

Have a listen.www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06w56v9#play from about 02:10:00

I missed it. :(

I was working in the school kitchen.....my latest glamorous appointment ;) Boy, I'm going to miss the radio.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , stewart g

Joe Elliott Radio 2 Tracks of My Years 8 years 2 months ago #11463

• stewart g
Thanks for the link Stella.Great when Joe said "Steve was and still is a fantastic writer".