Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Thank you from Portland, Oregon

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 8 years 2 months ago #11525

• allyclay
Hi Steve
Just a quick note to let you know that once you start giving it goes on.... I have just posted another parcel of goodies to Hosia some signed others not, I hope that your personal problems have eased now you are a grand father.
We have been in contact with Hosia via email as I'm sure some of your fans were fed up reading our messages on the website, I'm sure Hosia won't mind me saying that she is setting up an area in her office for all your memorabilia, it pleases the heart to know that Hosia really appreciates all I have sent, my friends, work colleagues and family are aware that I have sent those parcels and are all shocked as they know how much they all meant to me, but time moves on so it is a privilege to pass these items on to someone who's a real fan, no one can ever remove my memories.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 8 years 2 months ago #11526

• allyclay
I should have added that the parcel was sent "track and trace" to avoid all the stress and heartache we had in the past!

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 8 years 2 months ago #11527

• mick_mckenzie
allyclay wrote:
I'm sure some of your fans were fed up reading our messages on the website

Not at all, quite a heart warming read. Nice to know that despite all the bad news floating around there are still lots of good people in the world.

Cheers, Mick

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 8 years 1 month ago #11539

• cheri
Hosia, welcome from another US Steve Harley fan. :) It's heartwarming to see how Allyclay has taken you under her wing. I "discovered" Steve by accident when a friend of a friend happened to post a video of "Make Me Smile" about 5 years ago. It was the one where Steve was wearing a leather jacket with a big fox collar. I can't tell you exactly what got my attention, and I had never heard of him before. I just remember looking at the video and having it take my full attention. It was like I was saying to myself, "What is THAT?" And, "I want more." I liked the song so much, I listened to it twice and noted his name on a piece of paper because I wanted to look him up on YouTube later. For the next two weeks, for two hours a night I searched for every available video he put out and was amazed at the wealth of songs he had done. I couldn't believe we hadn't heard of him in the United States, it was insane!! One thing leading to another, I found this forum, was warmly welcomed by the forum members, just like you are, and I ended up making three trans-atlantic flights just to hear him sing live. I wasn't disappointed!! I lived in California when I found him, then moved to Montana when I got married. I still hope to come back to England one day and hear him sing live again. There is simply nothing like it. And, let me just say, I'm not a music junkie like I was when I was younger, it's just that something about Steve and his music just picked me up and set me down in a new, incredible place. The last time I was this into a musician and his music was in the mid-70s and the musician was Bruce Springsteen. The people on this forum are wonderful. They will help you find all of his music and are total enthusiasts like us. Sounds like you are well on your way to having a wonderful journey like I have. Welcome. :)

Cheri

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 8 years 1 month ago #11546

• Hosia
The office display is coming along very nicely thanks to allyclay!

In the midst of the chaos and destruction permeating our world, this experience has brought light and hope back to my heart.

Cheri,

I love that video, and that jacket!
I'm still completely baffled that so few people on this side of the Atlantic haven't heard Steve. I've been showing my friends his music for the past ten years and have successfully converted some new fans.
I've done a bit of traveling, and seen quite a bit of live music, and I must say, seeing Steve was like nothing and no one else (sorry Bryan Ferry, you were great too!). Seeing him play songs that have shaped momentous moments in my life just hit home again what a true lyrical and musical genius he is!

-Hosia

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 7 years 9 months ago #11706

• Hosia
Thank you Steve, Sean, and Ally for the wonderful birthday cards, you've made this gal and her dad so very happy!!