Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Thank you from Portland, Oregon

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 8 years 2 months ago #11489

• Hosia
It's here! It's here!
I'm stuck in class, but my coworker just received it and is keeping it safe until I get out!
Thank you again, I'm so glad it's safe, and I'll email you as soon as I pick it up this evening!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 8 years 2 months ago #11490

• allyclay
Yeahhhhh oh my god I really thought it was lost!!!!! That's the best news ever you will love and treasure all the contents!!!! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: , deemac

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 8 years 2 months ago #11491

• allyclay
Me again, you know that made me cry, I have had that LP for over 40 years and had the privilege 25 years ago to meet Steve Harley in his dressing room to autograph my Human Menagerie album cover, it has always been my prize possession for all of those years however I don't own a record player anymore the LP has been in a storage box for at least 2 years and then I saw Hosias posting........ That storey really touched me and to think how much Steve Harley's music improved her relationship with her father was such a lovely storey, father and daughter came all the way over from Portland, Oregon USA to England and went to 2 gigs from the last tour, that goes over and above any storey I have heard from many and read from Steve Harley fans!!! Right at the end of Hosias posting she put in a negative sentence saying it was shame she couldn't get the Human Menagerie LP on vinyl, I knew straight away that my all time prized possession was on its way to Hosia, I have been its guardian for over 40 years it's time to hand it over to someone who will treasure it just as much!!!! You will have to read the full storey to see the whole storey but to say how happy I am now that I knows it's arrived and in the right hands is wonderful... I know I gone on a bit but it really means a lot to me x

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 8 years 2 months ago #11492

• RachelPAtoSH
Dear Hosia and Allyclay - Steve has followed this thread since the beginning and wishes you to know: "This has really touched me - I have private issues at present, family-related (don't we all as our parents grow older?), and so my emotional-protection levels are quite low. And a wee tear or two has teased my cheeks since learning of the story's happy denoument. What a classic piece of fan communication! How good it feels to be the catalyst of all this! What good, decent people you all are. Did the Human Menagerie album include the rare and limited-edition booklet? Let us all know how this has affected you, Hosia and Dad. And Allclay, great stuff; you'll sleep with a satisfied smile tonight. And I'll sign any other piece of kit you own and want elaborated. Thank you - Steve H"
RACHEL

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 8 years 2 months ago #11493

• allyclay
Wow! I'm in shock Thank you Steve it really did mean so much to me and the thought of it lost would have been devastating I'm just so thankful it arrived safely to someone who truly deserves it, and then to get such a personal message from yourself..... Just WOW that means so much and I am sure Hosia when she reads through the last postings will be in shock...
Thank you so much for the Music X

Thank you from Portland, Oregon 8 years 2 months ago #11496

• Hosia
Shocked barely covers it!

I've had the silliest grin on my face for the whole day, and to come home to read your story, and see a personal message from Steve, best day ever!

Steve, thank you for being the catalyst and sharing your gift with the world.

Thank you so much again for the wonderful treasures. I sent a pic to my dad and as he said "we were really born in the wrong country, and you (me) were born in the wrong decade". We will be having a celebratory Cockney Rebel dinner and listening party tomorrow night, we are both so touched, grateful, and awestruck.
As a therapist in training it can be easy to be bogged down by the hard truths of the world we live in, but this experience has restored my faith and love in humanity.

I promise to cherish your memories and love the album as you have.