Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve's electric guitars

Steve's electric guitars 8 years 3 months ago #11111

• freakinpete
Hi Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel fans,

I live in Dublin and I have an electric guitar that I've owned for nearly 20 years. On the case there's a handwritten label which says, "Steve Harley, Brighton, 17-6-89". I can see on another post on the forums here that Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel played at the Brighton Dome on this date.

Does anybody know if Steve was playing Strat type guitars back then? I'd love to know if the man himself played this guitar. The guitar itself is a mid-80s Fender Squier, Made-in-Japan guitar - these were the ones to have in the mid-80s, even compared to Made-in-America Fenders at the time I believe.

I'll attach pics if anyone's interested - would love to hear some opinions from Steve's fans! Thanks all!
Attachments:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Steve's electric guitars 8 years 3 months ago #11112

• Mr Raffles
Hello Pete. The only electric guitar I've ever seen Steve play over the last 30-40 years is a green coloured electro/acoustic style one. Not exactly sure which make it was but he played it a lot late 1976/1977. As far as I can recall he's never played a standard Fender strat or telecaster. Most of the time he's got an ordinary acoustic in his hand. I think that it may have been played by the guitarist at the time (Rick Driscoll...think that was his name???) and the label of Steve Harley just applied to that particular tour rather than the guitar itself belonging to Steve. Either way you have a nice guitar there regardless of it's origins! Hope that helps you out a bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , freakinpete

Steve's electric guitars 8 years 3 months ago #11113

• freakinpete
I figured it was a long shot! Thanks Mr. Raffles.