Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Thanx

Thanx 8 years 4 months ago #10971

• stewart g
Well The Best Years tour is over but what a pleasure to hear the album that was pivotal to my musical education played so well.There seemed to be a real joy on the stage as Steve brilliantly mixed the old with the new! It was great to see Stuart,Jim and Duncan back together again Superbly assisted by Barry and Marty.And The Monalisa Twins are a brilliant breath of fresh air.
It's been great to read the wonderful reviews on line and to get a glimpse of the joy via social media of the fans massive enjoyment of the shows!
So what's next?...Timeless Flight/Primadonna? acoustic? Whatever, we will be there because we love this music and its good for the soul and our hearts..
A big THANX to all concerned for a fantastic tour....
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Munchkin1, deemac

Thanx 8 years 4 months ago #10974

• MattB
Well said Stewart, I could not agree more. What a terrific group of players up on stage and what an enviable catalogue of songs. Without doubt this tour was a success and the musicians enjoyed themselves so much...plus they have to be the best quality people you are ever likely to meet! Hats off to one and all and yes indeed THANK YOU!

Thanx 8 years 4 months ago #10975

• Munchkin1
From Steve himself, after the Coventry concert, recording a new album in the New Year....interview with James Whale.....possible acoustic tour with the MonaLisa twins and his "fiddle player" Barry wickens........

Thanx 8 years 4 months ago #10980

• mick_mckenzie
stewart g wrote:
So what's next?...Timeless Flight/Primadonna? acoustic? Whatever, we will be there because we love this music and its good for the soul and our hearts..

Well yep, but as much as I love Timeless Flight (and that would be my choice for the next one) I don't think it has the commercial appeal to shift seats to the unconverted. And Prima Donna might be a little too "experimental" for some. Just my take, and I'll be there anyway, whatever he does.
stewart g wrote:
A big THANX to all concerned for a fantastic tour....

Oh yes indeed. :)

Mick