Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Liverpool.......

Liverpool....... 8 years 5 months ago #10907

• stewart g
One of the pivotal shows from the 1975 Best Years Tour was at Liverpool, a show that has legendary status amongst Rebel fans! Pleased to say I'll be heading to Liverpool for the show on Monday with fellow Rebel Graeme Blake.Already got a Smile as wide as The Mersey Tunnel....
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , MirrorFreak52

Liverpool....... 8 years 5 months ago #10916

• ALEXA
Well , what can I say? Superb, superb, superb. As Steve said a very special night.
Each and every one of the band on top form. Every song delivered with passion, deep from the heart. It showed throughout the entire show.
Steve was his usual professional self. He was amazing. His voice so strong. Sebastian, Back to the Farm and Best Years were the highlights for me. We even got Tumbling Down as an encore when the crowd refused to let Steve leave the stage.
Many standing ovations, well deserved.

Well done to all of you. The show was unbelievable.
Thank you so much.
Alexa
xxxxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: , stewart g, joanna, Munchkin1

Liverpool....... 8 years 5 months ago #10917

• stewart g
Still grinning like a Cheshire Cat after last night's show.Manchester was good but Liverpool really was a totally different ball game! Thank you to Alexa for the perfect review of the perfect gig.And to cap a wonderful evening I had the great pleasure to see and have a few words with Julie Brown after the show.It was fantastic to see Julie again with that trademark Smile.Keep on keeping on Kid.

Liverpool....... 8 years 5 months ago #10918

• alexis
God that was good last night!
I took someone who wasn't really a fan unlike myself and they were completely blown away.
Steve has just such a stage presence, the musicians were off the charts and the whole thing was like an intimate performance of a giant spectacular....I know, I know, a bit of an oxymoron but you get my drift!
It was immense but at the same time it was almost like he was singing just for me....sigh...anyway I digress.
Brilliant night, love Liverpool, I think we did him proud x
The following user(s) said Thank You: , joanna

Liverpool....... 8 years 5 months ago #10926

• Graeme
What a great day we had Stewart with a bit of culture at the Liverpool's Albert Docks museums then a few hours, a few beers and a good afternoon sing song down in The Cavern before heading off to meet old friends in the Dispensary and prepare ourselves for the main event in the Philharmonic Hall. And what a main event it was. Another Steve Harley (& Cockney Rebel) triumph to add to my already long list. Those on stage were certainly no 'ordinary people', but a fine collection of terrific musicians, performers and songwriters. Wonderful gig, wonderful atmosphere and now a wonderful memory. :)

Liverpool....... 8 years 5 months ago #10928

• FALLAJ
Totally agree with previous contributors. This show was a classic. Great to see Duncan, Jim and Stuart playing together again.Mona Lisa twins were good and contributed well to the show.Faultless playing of BYOL album, excellent to hear Back to the farm, It wasn't me and 49th Parallel being played live.Felt a bit devastated that Mr Soft did not feature in the first part but still thoroughly enjoyed the night.
  • Page: