Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: When I'm with You

When I'm with You 8 years 8 months ago #10558

• ajsmith
Some kind individual has uploaded the elusive studio version of "When I'm with You" onto YouTube yesterday:

Steve released this single in 1989, in effort to promote The Comeback: All Is Forgiven tour. It seems to be one of the most difficult SH/CR releases to track down, and the studio version of this song has not surfaced anywhere else since.
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Stella Day

When I'm with You 8 years 8 months ago #10559

• MattB
This is GREAT to hear! Well spotted...
Can't wait until the next Steve Harley Single, 'Ordinary People' - bring it on Radio 2!

When I'm with You 8 years 8 months ago #10560

• stewart g
Thanks AJ.A great single.Very rare these days to find.Steve sang it live on Sky TV with a house band when it was released in 1989.Should have been a monster!!

When I'm with You 8 years 8 months ago #10562

• ajsmith
MattB wrote:
Can't wait until the next Steve Harley Single, 'Ordinary People' - bring it on Radio 2!

Same here Matt - I've seen the good feedback the song has received from being performed live, and I have no doubt that the studio version will be something to look forward to.

stewart g wrote:
Thanks AJ.A great single.Very rare these days to find.Steve sang it live on Sky TV with a house band when it was released in 1989.Should have been a monster!!

Thanks for the info Stewart, I didn't realise it was ever performed on TV (always presumed the single to be something of a "low key" release). Perhaps it will appear on YouTube one day. I do enjoy the studio version, but I think the 1989 live recording of the track from Brighton/Northampton is the definitive one.

When I'm with You 8 years 8 months ago #10575

• cheri
I love this song and I wish he would play it at his concerts. The only version I've seen is from the "Come Back All is Forgiven" tour. It's a great song and I've always wondered why Steve doesn't ever bring it back in his live shows. :)

Cheri