Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Judy Teen

Judy Teen 8 years 9 months ago #10519

• Michael Carraway
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Judy Teen 8 years 9 months ago #10520

• Mr Raffles
I look at this with mixed emotions. For those of us who remember that broadcast on May 23rd 1974 it's an all too brief reminder of what first really drew us to Cockney Rebel. For me and many other fans who have no recollection of Steve's TOTP's debut it's a valuable but frustratingly brief glimpse of a moment wiped by the BBC and gone forever. I would give anything to see the complete broadcast of Judy Teen but it's unlikely to happen. Even Steve has researched it with no luck. I know he's a guy that doesn't look back too much but I'm sure he'd love to see his TOTP's debut again. A performance that prompted the music press to ask "would you let your daughter marry a Cockney Rebel??" !!!! By the way, Roualt has a slightly up-dated version called 'Lost Judy Teen' that appears to have a few extra bits of film. He's done a great job keeping the Cockney Rebel archive alive with over 500,000 hits. Try finding the negative comments ... there isn't any!

Re:Judy Teen 8 years 9 months ago #10522

• Michael Carraway
Does anyone know who Roualt is?
Does he go to concerts of Steve's?
He is a bit like the "Banksy" of Rebelland!

Re:Judy Teen 8 years 9 months ago #10528

• stewart g
Thanks for the post Michael.Almost certain the spoken intro from Roualt's YouTube video is taken from the Fan Convention which was held in Deptford Albany Theatre in 2000.Superbly organised by Dave Hornby. :)

Re:Judy Teen 8 years 9 months ago #10530

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
stewart g wrote:
Thanks for the post Michael.Almost certain the spoken intro from Roualt's YouTube video is taken from the Fan Convention which was held in Deptford Albany Theatre in 2000.Superbly organised by Dave Hornby. :)

Oh a Fan Convention. What a wonderful idea. How about it Steve?
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.