Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DIARY June 22 2015

Re: DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 9 months ago #10464

• Andy Wood
Congratulations!
We are also fascinated by our woodpeckers and their babies.The babies sit on the bird table as their parents peck at the nuts and feed them,Truly magical.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 9 months ago #10466

• gillykee
Love your style Mr H, from Rock guy to Wildlife guy. Bird feeders play a big part in my country life and was thrilled that I too had the privilege of the Jay and the Woodpecker recently, 2 such shy birds, slight movement through my window makes them retreat hastily much to my annoyance! The badgers are in my bad books though at present having "ploughed" up areas that I try to keep maintained for our use (they have several acres of purposely unkempt woodland to enjoy I might add) but I guess that's the beauty of being a free night spirit!
Well worth waiting for your diary entry, keeps me going until November.......until then the wild beauty of Pembrokeshire will keep me entertained

Re:DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 9 months ago #10467

• Hans Peters
Nice to hear Rod is doing Friend for Life but I like the song as it is now. Great guitarwork and good singing. Nice Rod is doing it but I don't know if you know what I mean.

I guess it is very difficult to work on the setlist. What would you like to hear Jim and Duncan playing? The Lighthouse must sound more mysterieus magic. Death Trip was great, Psychomodo superb, but new songs could be very good too, Coast of Amalfi? Steve allready need an hour for the Best Years, an hour flies...

The expectations are very high. Everybody expect some superb work like the video's from 1975/1976. I wonder how Steve is going to put that down. The first time in my life I wouldn't be in his shoes.
Many regards,
Hans

Re:DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 9 months ago #10468

• Pandorah
Fantastic news
So Rod Finally gets the song ! ( he didn't quite get it ! way back when ! In the beginning ! Did he ? )
It's been a long time coming .
So excited . So hope it's a smash hit for Mr H . ( still my no 1 )
The song so deserves a wider world audience .
I'm sure hearts will be breaking wide open , around the world , when the sentiments of the song are delivered in Mr Stewart's unique style . Can't help but Stop & listen ! Listen to your heart. Hear what it's saying .
Should sound stunning .
Brilliant diary as ever . So look forward to them .

Re:DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 9 months ago #10471

• ajsmith
Another excellent diary entry, and some great news about the new single too. I'm pleased A Friend for Life will receive a bigger airing through Rod Stewart.

Rachel: Would Steve be happy for the upcoming single to be mentioned on his main "Steve Harley" Wiki entry? I would imagine it would help raise awareness of the song over the coming months, but if it would be prudent to wait until nearer the time, when things are more finalised, then I can add it at a later date instead.

Re:DIARY June 22 2015 8 years 9 months ago #10483

• andyfearon
This entry to Steve's Diary has now been uploaded to where it belongs.

Now with photos and videos:

http://www.steveharley.com/diary/2-diary/556-diary-220615.html