Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: More comebacks than........

More comebacks than........ 9 years 1 week ago #10280

• DaveHornby
I'm back (again).
Sorry for my tardiness in posting recently, but I completely forgot my username and password. I THOUGHT I knew them, but the forum politely disagreed.
Anyway, the reason for this post:
I just managed to get my sticky little paws on some row B centre tickets for the Llandudno show in November, and I am riduculously excited about it.
Why is a grizzled old Harleyphile all a-twitter, you may ask? Surely you've been there, done that, got the T shirt?
Yes, I have (sold a fair few of the shirts as well) but this is special. REALLY special.
The Best Years of our Lives, performed by the original artists? Who could fail to be excited?
I'm as giddy about this as I was standing outside the Liverpool Stadium back in the day, waiting for my first ever Cockney Rebel gig.
This is going to be historic.
And I can't wait.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: More comebacks than........ 9 years 1 week ago #10281

• therebel
Well Dave it happens to us all mate no matter how many we see it hear play or dream about how it was in the day it still excites us to do it all over again with the man and the band . And your right this may just be historic mate can't wait myself to hear it roll on Manchester
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight

Re: More comebacks than........ 9 years 1 week ago #10282

• paulng57
Great to hear from you again Dave. I've still got you to thank for Adams picture with Steve on stage at Leamington Spa (approx 15 years ago) as you see I use it as my Avatar. Hope you are well.

Re:More comebacks than........ 9 years 1 week ago #10283

• jollyroger
That's a memorable day then, with Dave Hornby back on site and Make Me Smile being used to advertise the BBC 1 series now on "Stargazing" , dealing with the eclipse! Good day all round. Always good to know the man who started the Harley website, which has proved indispensable, many moons ago, is back in the fold. And Steve's earning a good few bob off the Beeb!! What a phenomenon that song is!