Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Opening Set choices

Re:Opening Set choices 8 years 10 months ago #10416

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
gone for three songs from a slightly forgotten era....

LIVING IN A RHAPSODY
YOUNG HEARTS (THE CANDIDATE)...and
AMERIKA THE BRAVE

HOBO WITH A GRIN AND THE CANDIDATE albums seem to be overlooked quite a lot by many but to me,they are up there with some of Steve's best work,and re-listening thirty or so years on they are sounding fantastic.
Of course its all about opinions,how you felt on hearing songs for the first time,what stuck in your head at the time, your circumstances,etc,etc.
Seriously doubt if any of my three will be popular enough to make the
set list but I live in hope. ;)

and finally a live performance from nottingham rock city in 1981
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Opening Set choices 8 years 10 months ago #10417

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
any three from eighteen here will be superb!

HOBO WITH A GRIN

1. Roll The Dice • 2. Amerika The Brave • 3. Living In A Rhapsody • 4. I Wish It Would Rain • 5. Riding The Waves (For Virginia Woolf) • 6. Someone's Coming • 7. Hot Youth • 8. (I Don't Believe) God Is An Anarchist • 9. Faith, Hope And Charity

THE CANDIDATE

1. Audience With The Man • 2. Woodchopper • 3. Freedom's Prisoner • 4. Love On The Rocks • 5. Who's Afraid • 6. One More Time • 7. How Good It Feels • 8. From Here To Eternity • 9. Young Hearts (The Candidate)

listening again to these two albums,and to be honest I would love to hear Both albums played live.....maybe a plan for 2016/2017 tours,some of these songs are just gloriously brilliant!!
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Opening Set choices 8 years 10 months ago #10422

• Mr Raffles
The current trend for performing complete albums live is a great idea. I hope Steve will carry on in the same vain and perform the whole of The Candidate and Hobo With a Grin sometime in the future.

Re:Opening Set choices 8 years 10 months ago #10425

• Munchkin1
I believe that Steve has indicated Friend for Life will be included.....my favourite, has me weeping every time.....

Re:Opening Set choices 8 years 10 months ago #10426

• Munchkin1
Not a wasted vote.....all votes for any song that is not on Best Years count!

Re:Opening Set choices 8 years 5 months ago #10740

• Charmpri
Some very good stuff on the Candidate and Hobo. I've still got them on vinyl even though I haven't had a record player for over 10 years.
I know what faith is and what it's worth.