Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Having a Human Menagrie moment !

Re:Having a Human Menagrie moment ! 9 years 2 months ago #10156

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Pete B wrote:
That's a shame... can it be fixed?

I put my old Fergie up in the attic ways back in the 70s when I got my first Stereo....Big Time lol.

Only recently sent it for Recycle but wish I had kept it now... such is life :)
My son, Reuben(aged 16)has taken over the radiogram as his project. He has wired new speakers to the record player and it sounds pretty good (how good did these things ever really sound?). Throughout the project he's had Chris De Burgh's A Spaceman Came Travelling on the turntable so we are now all heartily sick of that. Yesterday (my birthday :) )we dragged out some LP's and gave them a try. We played Peter Gabriel which was the first birthday present John ever bought me, when I was 16.(I'd never heard of him :laugh: ) and then we played The Best Years Of Our Lives which my parents had bought me for my 14th birthday 40 years ago. That was the first time I met John......at my birthday tea......he was my sister's boyfriend ;)
The Best Year's sounded great!!.......and I pondered whether they were my best years or whether the best is yet to come?

Can't wait to play some singles - especially B sides.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Having a Human Menagrie moment ! 9 years 1 month ago #10166

• joanna
Hi Stella
Belated birthday wishes for you.
It sounds like a lovely way to spend some time and how good it is when the youngsters muck in too.. I had images of you standing stretching round with your hand over the speaker throughout on one leg :laugh:
Looking forward to meeting you at some gig somewhere soon.
x jo
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.
  • Page: