Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Whatever You Believe. Anderson Sparrow and Batt.

Whatever You Believe. Anderson Sparrow and Batt. 9 years 3 months ago #10062

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Thanks Sparrow for drawing my attention to this on the Guestbook. It's a lovely song!

:) :laugh: ;)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Whatever You Believe. Anderson Sparrow and Batt. 9 years 3 months ago #10063

• GedKen
Happy new year Stella. Here it is live.

Not a favourite of mine; erm, and I don't think this was the happiest of collaborations at the time?

Re: Whatever You Believe. Anderson Sparrow and Batt. 9 years 3 months ago #10065

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Thanks GedKen. And Happy New Year to you too :). Gave the song another listen and in light of the dreadful Charlie Hebdo attack yesterday the words seem rather apt. Here's a recording of the song by the cast of the show "The Hunting Of The Snark" with subtitles.

www.dailymotion.com/video/x9dlnz_whateve...ieve-mike-batt_music

I prefer the Anderson, Harley and Batt rendition. I'm not a fan of shows/musicals.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Whatever You Believe. Anderson Sparrow and Batt. 9 years 3 months ago #10066

• GedKen
Hi Stella, I see what you mean about the lyrics being apt. I do hope Paris ends without further bloodshed, but it doesn't feel like it will, especially with a second related siege in place. I guess they will have to sort out the second (supermarket) siege before they resolve the first one? We can only pray for the lives of the innocent at the moment.