Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ordinary ! Or extraordinary people ? York

Re:Ordinary ! Or extraordinary people ? York 9 years 3 months ago #10009

• Pandorah
Aw bless ! Yes Cheri I still remember the look on your face as I placed it in your hand !
Priceless :-)
Knew you would cherish it forever and a day
I'm only surmising the new song was maybe called ordinary people ! It could quite easily have a completely different title ! He also made reference to change being needed ! And inter-mated ASAP ! Sooner than later !
ie ! Hoping / longing ! For it Being this night ! Tonight ! Could be called tonight ! Or a change is a coming !
And as for the Jacket ! No dear :-( sorry I took pictures of York ( fabulous place )
Not that Mr H is not fabulous :-) but I'd rather enjoy the moments than risk the chance at being glared at for being a distraction lol
But I'm sure someone will have taken a pic at some point before it was removed !
Fingers crossed for future visits Cheri, I know you so want to came back.

Graeme ! I'm so sorry we missed each other ! Jackie did tell me at lunch that you would be at the show , and I did say to her at the time
" oh I want to talk to Graeme " wanted to ask the question !
If the letter of thanks and explanation to who eventually used your tickets you so kindly gave to me and if the souvenir programme from Birmingham symphony Hall arrived ? That I sent across the world to you ?
I'm hoping you received it !

But to be honest I was running late , arrived when the man was had taken the stage , and was looking out for my boy and his mate and looking after my girl friends , was busy at half time didn't even see Jackie till I joined her at the stage at the end of the night .

Hopefully catch up with you sometime next year Graeme

Happy Christmas and good health for 2015 to you and all on planet Harley
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Ordinary ! Or extraordinary people ? York 9 years 3 months ago #10010

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Was nice to see you again on Saturday night Debs venturing north as you do.Hopefully Julie will be well enough to come to Hull in February. The new bass player is MATTY PRIOR. You are still as mad as a box of frogs!
I did manage to video about 2-3 mins of the new song ,but it would be totally wrong to share on here or any other social media,as Steve said,it is a work in progress and will remain so until such time Steve wants to share it with us.
Jimbo.
B)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Ordinary ! Or extraordinary people ? York 9 years 3 months ago #10011

• newiejudy
Debs
What an amazing post!! It almost made me feel like I was there too, enjoying it all. You've got a great gift - there's no way I could put it all into words like you do. The concert sounded amazing (as they all are ... even if I've only been lucky enough to attend a few). I so can't wait to hear the new song plus a possible new album - how wonderful to have it to look forward to. And the jacket (it must've been special, but no hints as to its color etc - that's teasing us who didn't get to see!!) I will always remember getting my first plectrum from The Stables back in 2012. Dear Phantom retrieved it & placed it in my hand - such a sweet man - he wanted me to have it to remind me of a special night - & it was!! It was also the night I got to meet Steve backstage with my lovely friend Glynis. Anyhow, enough reminiscing. Thanks again for your amazing "concert review" & I hope that I too will be able to come back & experience it all another time.
Judy xx
PS the shopping in York sounded fab too, so look out Glynis we may have to put that onto the itinerary for next time!!

Re:Ordinary ! Or extraordinary people ? York 9 years 3 months ago #10012

• joanna
:cheer:
Thanks for the words Deb.... I missed it all so much :(
Yes busy too...and I used to work in York. Ironically we have a wedding to attend on Mon 22 Dec so I may get to those shops after all. No band tho.
Big hugs to all.
x
Smile x

Re:Ordinary ! Or extraordinary people ? York 9 years 3 months ago #10021

• cheri
rebelfreak1 wrote:
Was nice to see you again on Saturday night Debs venturing north as you do.Hopefully Julie will be well enough to come to Hull in February. The new bass player is MATTY PRIOR. You are still as mad as a box of frogs!
I did manage to video about 2-3 mins of the new song ,but it would be totally wrong to share on here or any other social media,as Steve said,it is a work in progress and will remain so until such time Steve wants to share it with us.
Jimbo.
B)
"Mad as a box of frogs?" That must be an English expression. It cracked me up. :D ("Cracked me up" is an American expression.) ;) Merry Christmas!!

Love, Cheri

P.S. Please give my love again to Julie. I feel pretty helpless over here.
  • Page: